Pope Francis has finally accepted the resignation of his close confidant, the scandal-ridden Cardinal Óscar Andrés Rodríguez Maradiaga, S.D.B. as the Archbishop of Tegucigalpa in Honduras.
Maradiaga’s resignation at the age of 80 was announced by the Holy See Press Office in its daily bulletin January 26, nine months after the Honduran prelate announced he would soon be resigning, and five years after he tendered his mandatory aged 75 resignation.
In place of Maradiaga, Francis has appointed a parish priest, Father José Vicente Nácher Tatay, as the new archbishop. Nácher is also the Regional Superior of the Congregation of the Mission.
Maradiaga had held the archdiocesan see since since 1993, having previously been the auxiliary of Tegucigalpa from 1978 to 1993. Four weeks after Francis’ ascension to the papacy, Maradiaga was appointed by the Argentinian Pope to be president of Francis’ famous “C9” council of cardinal advisers. As such, he is deemed one of the Pontiff’s closest advisors and has even been dubbed the “vice-pope.”
Continue reading at LifeSite News
- Scandal-Ridden Ally of Pope Francis Announces Resignation
- Cardinal Maradiaga: The Scandals Surrounding One of Pope Francis’ Closest Allies
- Massive Cover-Up of Sexual Predation in the Church?
- Cardinal Maradiaga Evacuated From Plane Due to Protesters & Threat of “Lynching”
- “One of the Worst Crises in the History of the Catholic Church”
- Author Accuses Cardinal Oscar Rodriguez Maradiaga of ‘Betrayal’ and ‘Cover-Up’
- Gay Author Names Those Who Are Allegedly Helping Pope Homosexualize The Church
- Francis Ally’s Auxiliary Bishop Diverted Government Funds to Reward Homosexual Lovers
- Honduran News Site Publishes More Details of Bishop Pineda’s Alleged Misconduct
- The Case Against Pope Francis
- An Open Letter to Archbishop Chaput Supporting His Call to Cancel the Youth Synod
- Viganò Corroboration #10: Did Cardinal Maradiaga Just Confirm Viganò’s Claims About Pope Francis?
- ‘Awake And Do Your Duty’: A Hermit’s Open Letter to Catholic Bishops Amid Abuse Crisis
- The Catholic Church Is Breaking Apart. Here’s Why.
- Sexual Abuse Victims Group Calls for Removal of Cardinals Wuerl, Farrell and Maradiaga from World Meeting of Families Line-Up
- Cardinal McCarrick and the Gay Mafia: Corruption of Clergy Now Rivals the Age of the Borgias
- ‘Enough is Enough’: Famed Evangelist Pens Powerful Letter to ‘Troubled Catholics’
- Which McCarrick Network Domino Will Be the First to Fall – And Where Will it Lead?
- Promoting Predators
- How Can Catholics Fight Back? With the Power of the Purse.