Over the years, the Catholic Campaign for Human Development has provided grants to the organization called Congregations United to Serve Humanity (CUSH). From 2012-2018, the CCHD provided a total of $202,000 to CUSH, after which time it hadn’t received a grant again until the 2021-2022 grants cycle. The recently published CCHD grants list for 2021-2022 shows that CUSH received a grant of $45,000 for that year.
On September 29 of this year, Kenosha News reported that CUSH was planning to hold a book drive to collect “banned books” to “help stock [a] proposed LGBTQ youth center.” The books are said to be intended for “a library at a proposed Kenosha-based LGBTQ center for middle and high school youth.” From the article:
“The reason we’re doing this is really to raise awareness,” said CUSH organizer Lori Hawkins. “There’s a lot of books that are on the banned books list and have been in the past that we think people will be surprised to learn about. But we’re really looking at getting books that we can put into this library for the LGBTQ youth center.”
On October 5, 2023, Kenosha News interviewed Lori Hawkins, CUSH’s executive director and community organizer about the “Banned Books” drive.
At 2:29 in the Kenosha news segment, “Gender Queer” is being held by a CUSH volunteer, alongside “The LGBTQ+ History Book,” “All Boys Aren’t Blue,” and “This Book is Gay,” all of which are aimed at grooming children and young adolescents.
Continue reading at Lepanto Institute
- Catholic Campaign for Human Development Closes all Communication, Refuses to Answer Questions
- USCCB Condemns Transgenderism But Takes No Action Against Funding LGBT Agenda
- Bishops Fund Enemies of Christ
- Yet Another Example Of Corruption In The USCCB’s Campaign for Human Development (CCHD)
- Catholic Bishops Fund Pro-Abortion Doula Project for Third Consecutive Year, Despite 2020 Warning
- Multiple Groups Funded by US Bishops’ Agency Belong to Vast Pro-Abortion Network
- Group Funded by Catholic Bishops Launched a Coalition Pushing Abortion, LGBT Activism
- Catholic-Funded Agencies in Nashville Caught Promoting Abortion, LGBT Activism
- US Bishops Finance Effort to Elect Joe Biden
- Is the USCCB Just a Tool of the Democrat Party?
- Bishops’ Bankroll Climate Change
- Violence Erupts as More Catholic-Funded Groups call for Defunding of Police
- Catholic Bishops Are Funding the Marxist Revolts Across the Country
- U.S. Bishops Fund Groups Calling for Riots, Killing Cops
- Prominent Moral Theologian Denounces $750K Grant From CCHD to Pro-LGBT Group
- Here’s How to End the CCHD Scandals
- Confront Your Bishop About Catholic Campaign for Human Develop
- US Bishops’ Catholic Campaign for Human Development Continues to Fund Pro-Abortion, Pro-LGBT Groups