A former seminarian is alleging that he received pressure and threats from Bishop Gustavo Zanchetta, a close friend of Pope Francis, after he complained about abuse he received from a priest in Zanchetta’s diocese. The young man also provided testimony against Zanchetta during the March 2022 trial of the Argentinian bishop, who was given a prison sentence of four and a half years.
On May 15, the trial of Father Carlos Fernando Páez will be heard in Argentina’s northwestern province of Salta. An ex-seminarian for the Diocese of Orán, using the alias Kevin Montes, has alleged that Fr. Páez manipulated and sexually abused him when Montes was a seminarian for the diocese.
Montes, now 26, was an Orán seminarian from February 28, 2015 through 2019. He claims that Páez abused him during his time in the seminary and while on parish placement, and that Zanchetta turned a blind eye at first.
Continue reading at LifeSite News
- Zanchetta Abuse Victim: ‘Don’t Turn Your Back on Us; We Didn’t Deserve Such Treatment’
- Zanchetta Lawyer Turned Vatican Investigator Was Fired for Resumé Fraud
- Catholics Protest Injustice in Sexual Abuse Case of Bishop Befriended by Bergoglio
- Bishop Befriended By Bergoglio Behind Bars
- Argentine Prelate, Friend of Pope Francis Faces Trial For Sexual Abuse
- McCarrick Legacy and Abuse Continues
- Massive Cover-Up of Sexual Predation in the Church?
- Its Back to Work at the Vatican for Argentine Bishop Accused of Sexual Misconduct
- WATCH: Bishop Befriended by Pope Francis Appears in Argentine Court on Sexual Abuse Allegations
- Money Wars At the Vatican
- WATCH: Has Pope Francis Been Harboring a Sexual Predator?
- Argentinian Prosecutor Requests International Capture of Bishop Gustavo Zanchetta
- Vatican Tells Argentinian Court Accused Bishop Has Job in Rome, Despite Being Suspended
- Ex-Seminarian Tells Sordid Story of Papal Ally’s Argentine Past
- Pope Francis Knew About Zanchetta
- Bishop Under Investigation For Naked Selfies Goes On Spiritual Retreat With Pope Francis
- Vatican Cover-up Unravels as Prosecutors Home-In on Bishop Protected by Pope Francis
- Francis Knew
- Francis From Innocent To Guilty – Bad News From His Argentina
- Argentine Bishop Promoted by Pope Francis Accused of Abusing Seminarians