Bishop William Callahan of La Crosse, Wisconsin, has strictly banned the Traditional Latin Mass at parish churches in his diocese, according to a Wisconsin priest.
Fr. Michael Klos, who pastors three parishes in the Diocese of La Crosse, wrote last month that he received a letter from Callahan announcing the new restrictions in accordance with Pope Francis’ motu proprio Traditionis Custodes.
“After months of discussions and a real feeling that we had made our case, things were turned on their head a little over a week ago,” said Fr. Klos, who regularly offered the Latin Mass at the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish on Saint Mary’s Ridge.
Callahan reportedly “struggled” with how to implement the motu proprio, which places severe limits on the traditional liturgy at parishes. Fr. Klos noted that bishops have varied in their interpretations of the controversial, widely criticized document but that Callahan “sadly … did not find the solutions of those who have left the practice in their dioceses ‘as is’ compelling.”
Continue reading at LifeSite News
TAKE ACTION: Contact Bishop Callahan at 608-788-7700 or at firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know how you feel about his actions.
- Monsignor GRINDR ‘s Rehabilitation Compounds the Original Scandal of His Sin
- ‘Monsignor GRIDR’ Gets New Parish, Fr. Altman Remains Sidelined
- WATCH: No Justice in Diocese of La Crosse
- Cardinal Gregory Distances Himself From Monsingor Burrill
- Yet Another Example of Homo-Hearsay Hypocrisy
- ‘Not One More Penny’: Catholics Vow to Withhold Financial Support at Fr. Altman Rally
- LISTEN: Lay Catholics Pour Out Their Hearts to Bishop Callahan Regarding Fr. James Altman
- WATCH: Obedience Has Limits
- Bishop Callahan: Fr. Altman Was ‘Divisive,’ So ‘Be Silent,’ Okay?
- Bishop Callahan CANCELS Fr. Altman
- WATCH: Shocking New Allegations in Lawsuit Against Cardinal Dolan and North American College – Implicates Over 30 U.S. and Vatican Bishops
- How One ‘Ineffective’ Priest Raise Over $500,000 In Just 4 Days
- Leave a Voicemail for Bishop Callahan Regarding Fr. James Altman
- Our Bishops Can’t Handle the Truth
- The Bishops Bail Out Biden
- Another Faithful Priest Thrown Under the Bus to Appease the Ravenous Wolves