Illegal migrants are reportedly listing Catholic Charities addresses as their destinations to slow the process of their court hearings and stall any possible deportation.
Both the Department of Homeland Security and Catholic Charities recognize that the phenomena is occurring, with DHS asserting that its agents have to accept any listed address a migrant provides, according to the Washington Times.
In so doing, the migrants make it more difficult for Immigration and Customs Enforcement to serve them with an immigration court summons and lessens the likelihood of deportation in the immediate future. Upon apprehension, immigration authorities request an intended address to which they may send a court summons. The migrants then provide a real address, but one where they do not intend to reside. Accordingly, they never receive a notice to appear at their court date.
“If you keep them off the docket there’s never a court hearing, which means the next time ICE gets them, they’re just then beginning that process. This is to delay as long as possible the removal of illegal aliens,” former Trump immigration official Rob Law told the Times.
Catholic Charities has pinned the blame on the existing immigration system for facilitating the tactic, while DHS has accused the organization of colluding with migrants to help them avoid receiving their summons.
Continue reading at Just the News
- Bishops’ Heads About To Explode As Congress Introduces Bill To Cut-Off Funding Their Illegal Immigration Activities
- Do Border Bishops Want Open Borders?
- Extensive Analysis Reveals Bishops Bank Billions In Federal Immigration Funding
- Catholic NGOs Receive Billions in Government Funding to Provide Illegals Housing, Food, Healthcare, Financial Assistance and More
- Catholic Charities Part Of A Vast Transnational Human Smuggling Operation
- LAUGHABLE: Catholic Immigrant Advocates Deny Claims of Facilitating Illegal Crossings
- WATCH: Liz Yore Calls Upon U.S. Bishops To Get Out Of The Business Of Trafficking Illegal Aliens
- Are U.S. Bishops Complicit in the Trafficking and Exploitation of Migrant Children?
- Blame Catholic Charities and NGOs for the Border Crisis
- Politicians Hide Behind Catholic Charities to Welcome Illegals
- Biden Using NGOs Like Catholic Charities to Conceal Just How Much Money is Going to Illegal Immigration
- WATCH: Catholic Charities Trafficking Illegals Bused To Washington DC By Texas Governor
- LISTEN: How Catholic Charities is Enabling the Massive Illegal Alien Invasion of our Nation with Your Tax Dollars
- “Catholics For Biden” Cheer Miami Archbishop
- Nun Spearheading Illegal Alien Invasion at Catholic Charities Is Dedicated Revolutionary With Elitist Ties
- WATCH: DeSantis’ Spokeswoman Accuses Archbishop Wenski of Lying
- WATCH: Catholic Charities Human Trafficking Scam
- CatholicVote Files Suit To Obtain Information About Catholic Charities Involvement In Illegal Immigration
- The Catholic Cartel
- Catholic Charities Involved in Largest Illegal Alien Invasion in US History
- WATCH: Catholic Charities Enabling Illegal Immigration in Texas
- WATCH: Catholic Charities Enabling the Illegal Invasion of our Nation
- Catholic Charities Raking In Money By Trafficking Illegal Aliens, Many With COVID Infections
- WATCH: Is Catholic Charities Employing MS-13 Gang Members?