To the surprise of many inside the organization, Pope Francis essentially placed the Catholic Church’s largest charitable organization into receivership Tuesday, removing its current leadership and appointing an interim administrator to overhaul both its statues and management.
The decree was published as members of Caritas International were in the middle of a two-day meeting in Rome for the first time since COVID-19.
A statement issued by the Vatican’s Dicastery for Integral Human Development, which oversees Caritas, ruled out “financial mismanagement or sexual impropriety” as motives for the pope’s action, citing instead “real deficiencies” in “management and procedures, seriously prejudicing team-spirit and staff morale.”
Continue reading at Crux
- Vatican Agency Directly Tied to Communism, Abortion, and Witchcraft
- Could Financial Scandal Isolate the Holy See?
- Vatican Charity Knew of CAR Pedophilia Concerns in 2017
- UN Suspends Work with Catholic Charity in CAR after Director Accused of Abuse
- Pro-Abortion Ford Foundation Major Funder of Key Synod Organizations