Good news! Bill Donohue has declared the the sexual abuse scandal is over.
He must have somehow missed some recent news stories. Here’s a small sample of abuse taking place within the past 10 years:
- Indiana Priest Will Plead Guilty to Sex-Abuse Charges
- Homopredator Priest Arrested On Child Sex Trafficking Charges
- Cleveland Priest Gets Life Sentence for Molesting Boys
- Ohio Priest Accused of Sex Trafficking Arrested by FBI
- Priest Abuses Boy – Bishop Blames Victim’s Family
- Priests Testify at Vatican Trial on Sex Abuse in Minor Seminary
- Former Texas Priest Pleads Guilty to Charges of Sexual Abuse
- Louisiana Priest Accused of Sexual Abuse Arrested in Georgia
- Director of Minnesota Jesuit Retreat House Accused of Sexual Abuse
- NAC Vice-Rector Steps-Down Amidst Allegations of Homosexual Misconduct
Donohue is head of the Catholic League, a role he says he was urged to assume by Donald Wuerl when he was bishop of Pittsburgh. You remember Donald Wuerl. He’s the former Cardinal of Washington DC who claimed the abuse scandal occurred decades and decades ago, and was then forced to resign due to his role in the cover-up.
Church Militant has reported that Donohue’s Catholic League took in around $3.5 million in 2019, of which Donohue paid himself a cool $1 million.
Donohue appears to be nothing more that an expensive mouthpiece for the U.S. bishops.