Catholic dissenters and LGBT activists on Tuesday hosted an online Pride Month “blessing” in reaction to a Vatican statement reiterating that same-sex unions cannot be blessed. Speakers made comments that rejected Catholic teaching, talking about “God’s triumph of queer love” or declaring that pride is not sin but “salvation” and “a promise of liberation for all.”
Bishop John Stowe, OFM Conv., of Lexington, made an appearance, delivering a simple, general blessing inviting the attendees to a deeper relationship with God and to know his love.
“We know that there are many, many Catholics who love, support, and, yes, bless their LGBTQ+ family members, friends, and neighbors,” Marianne Duddy-Burke, executive director of event organizer Dignity USA, said June 1 ahead of the event. She said there are many Catholics who support family, friends, and neighbors who self-identify as LGBTQ+.
Continue reading at Catholic News Agency
- Bishop Stowe Orders Unvaccinated Priests Not to Minister to Sick
- Bishop Stowe’s Diocese Promotes Homosexual Pride Month
- WATCH: Archbishop Hebda Refuses To Denounce Heretical Priest Association Meeting In His Archdiocese
- Bishop Stowe Comes To Defense of Fired Catholic Teacher in Homosexual ‘Marriage’
- More Bishops Publicly Out Themselves As Pro-LGBT
- Heretical Bishop Stowe Breaks With USCCB On Pro-Homosexual Act
- Standing-Up to the LGBT Anti-Bullying Bullies
- 8 U.S. Bishops Sign Statement Affirming Youths Who Identify as LGBT
- Bishops for Biden
- Pro-LGBTQ+ Bishop Stowe Claims Environment Should Be ‘Preeminent Issue’ for Voters, not Abortion