Attorneys for Monsignor Craig Harrison have scheduled a press conference this afternoon to make an announcement regarding his leave of the priesthood.
“Harrison has tendered letters of resignation to the Holy Father from his position as the Pastor of St. Francis Parish and from his obligations as a Catholic priest,” his attorneys said in a press release distributed Thursday.
Harrison, pastor of Bakersfield’s St. Francis of Assisi Church, was the subject of multiple investigations after allegations of sexual misconduct surfaced against him in April 2019. Authorities in Bakersfield, Fresno and Merced declined to file criminal charges.
The priest has maintained his innocence. He has been removed from his duties as pastor since the first accuser came forward.
Continue reading at NBC News
- Now Monsignor Harrison is Suing His Own Diocese
- Buckle Up, Monsignor Harrison!
- Fresno DA: Homosexual Abuse Allegations Against Craig Harrison Are “Credible”
- Msgr. Harrison’s Bakersfield Accuser Describes Alleged Abuse
- Accused California Priest Smears Victims
- WATCH: Catholic Monk Joins Accusers of California Priest