Theologians will undoubtedly now be debating whether the Pope’s comments constitute a public defection from the Catholic faith wherein his clerical office could be declared vacant.
In stark and unprecedented defiance of Catholic teaching, which defines homosexual acts as “intrinsically evil,” Pope Francis has called for civil union laws for same-sex couples.
While being interviewed for the feature-length documentary Francesco, the pontiff insisted that homosexuals not only “have a right to be a part of the family” but also “have a right to a family.”
“Nobody should be thrown out, or be made miserable because of it,” asserts Francis in the film, which premiered Wednesday at the Rome Film Festival, according to Catholic News Agency.
Continue reading at Church Militant
- Cdl Müller: Pope’s endorsement of homosexual civil unions has ‘no authority’ for Catholics
- Pope Francis Oversteps the Papal Office
- Bishop Schneider calls faithful to pray for Pope Francis to ‘convert’
- Cardinal Muller says Catholics ‘can and should’ disagree with Pope’s ‘opinion’ on gay civil unions
- Cardinal Burke Statement on the Declarations of Pope Francis Regarding Civil Unions
- Francis Is Wrong on Civil Unions
- Francis has openly called for civil unions for homosexuals. Wherein Fr. Z rants
- Dealing with Papal Mistakes
- The Pope sows more seeds of confusion
- Where Francis Leads, We Can’t Follow