An abuse victim is calling on the Vatican to remove a U.S. bishop who the victim says blackmailed him into keeping silent about how a priest in the diocese allegedly abused the victim when he was a teen.
Bishop Michael Hoeppner is the first Catholic bishop to be investigated under new sexual abuse guidelines issued by Pope Francis last year. Court evidence reveals that Bishop Hoeppner, of the diocese of Crookston in Minnesota, approved the accused priest for ministry, claiming that he was “unaware of anything in his background which would render him unsuitable for work with minor children” despite knowing the victim’s testimony of being sexually abused by this priest.
Read more at LifeSite News
When you sign the petition, it will be emailed to Bishop Hoeppner, Archbishop Hebda, the U.S. Papal Nuncio and the Vatican.
Petition Calling for the Removal of Bishop Michael HoeppnerRead the petition
- LISTEN: Victim Tells His Story About Abuse Cover-Up In the Diocese of Crookston Minnesota
- Vatican Orders Additional Investigation Into Bishop Hoeppner
- WATCH: Are Bishops Using ‘Boundary Violation Policies’ To Selectively Persecute Orthodox Priests?
- Laity Call for Resignation of Bishop Michael Hoeppner
- Bishop Michael Hoeppner
- WATCH: Minnesota Bishop Kept Admitted Child Abuser in Ministry
- Bishop Hoeppner Reportedly Lied Under Oath
- Vos Estis: Why Crookston but not Buffalo?
- Minnesota Bishop Hoeppner Under Investigation
- Minnesota Bishop Accused of Abuse Cover-Up Slams Event Scheduled Within His Diocese