Bishop Gustavo who is accused of the sexual abuse of seminarians in his home country of Argentina is now officially a fugitive of the law, according to this report from an Argentina newspaper. Pope Francis reportedly knew of allegations against Zanchetta when he promoted him to a Vatican position. Some have theorized that the promotion was done in order to help his friend escape prosecution in Argentina.
- Bishop Zanchetta’s Office Raided in Argentina
- Zanchetta Will Go To Trial For Sexual Misconduct
- Pope Francis Knew About Zanchetta
- Vatican Tells Argentinian Court Accused Bishop Has Job in Rome, Despite Being Suspended
- Vatican Cover-Up Unravels as Prosecutors Home-In on Bishop Protected by Pope Francis