Former Bishop of Wheeling-Charleston
Official Web Site: http://www.dwc.org/
Mailing Address: Chancery Office, 1300 Byron St., P.O. Box 230, Wheeling, WV 26003, USA
What’s Been Reported
- Good friend of Theodore McCarrick.
- Rector at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception (1986-2004), serving under McCarrick (2000-2005).
- McCarrick was a co-consecrator when Bransfield was made a bishop in 2005.
- President, the Papal Foundation, serving with McCarrick who co-founded the organization.
- Accused of sexual abusing a boy in a 2012 Philadelphia, PA trial.
- Pope Francis accepted Bransfield resignation on September 13, 2018
- Ex-Bishop Michael Bransfield’s ‘Creepy’ Behavior Detailed
- Bishop Bransfield’s Disgraceful Non-Apology
- Disgraced Bishop AWOL
- Lay Group Calls For Action On Bransfield
- AT LAST: A Bishop Shows the Courage to Denounces His Predecessor’s Behavior
- Homosexual Abuse Will Personally Cost Bishop Bransfield $1 Million
- Bishop Bransfield Disinvited From US Bishops’ Meeting
- Former W.Va. Bishop Michael Bransfield Under Investigation for Alleged Abuse of 9-Year-Old Girl on Church Trip
- Bishop Bransfield’s Life of Luxury
- Lawsuit Accusing Bishop Bransfield Of Drunken Sexual Assault Settled
- Too Many Questions Remain Unanswered in the Case of West Virginia Bishop Michael Bransfield
- Bishop Brennan Named as Successor to Disgraced Bishop Bransfield
- Pope Won’t Defrock Bishop Accused of Sexual Harassment and Misusing Money
- West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey Calls Pope Francis’ Punishment of Bransfield ‘Only One Step’ in Effort for Transparency
- Vatican Imposes Restrictions on Disgraced Bishop Bransfield, But Fails to Laicize
- Warnings About Bishop Bransfield Went Unheeded as He Doled Out Cash to Catholic Leaders
- Ask the IRS to Investigate the Bishop Bransfield Case
- Bishop Bransfield, the USCCB, and the Holy Spirit
- Bishop Bransfeld ‘Gifts’ over $350,000 to other Clerics, but Bishop Lori Decided to Omit their Names from Report
- Bishop Bransfeld Blew Over $2 Million of Church Funds on Lavish Lifestyle
- Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston Seeks To Dismiss Attorney General Lawsuit
- Disgraced Bishop Bransfield Claims: ‘They’re All Out To Destroy Me’
- West Virginia Attorney General Sues Diocese and Former Bishop Over Sex Abuse
- Bishops Bransfield and Bennett Restricted from Exercising Ministry
- West Virginia: Catholic Priests “Credibly Accused” of Sexual Abuse
- Monsignor Rossi, Wuerl’s Gay Mafioso at the Basilica
- All Roads Lead to Washington, D.C.
- Bishop Michael Bransfield of West Virginia Resigns on Sexual Harassment Charges