Bishop Emeritus of Metuchen, New Jersey
Official Web Site: http://www.diometuchen.org/
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 191, Metuchen, NJ 08840; 146 Metlars Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
What Has Been Reported
- A McCarrick protege — served as Vicar General of Newark under McCarrick; consecrated auxiliary bishop of Newark by McCarrick in September 1997.
- Bootkoski reportedly presided over a McCarrick sexual abuse settlement in 2006.
- Accused in a 2006 civil suit by sex abuse victim, former priest Fr. Robert Hoatson, of having an “inappropriate relationship” with sexual predator, Fr. Alfonso de Condorpusa of the Newark archdiocese.
- Publicly defended the suspension of seasoned Catholic theology teacher Patricia Jannuzzi for a 2015 Facebook post critical of the homosexual agenda. (Jannuzzi was later reinstated after a public outcry.)
- Writing in support of a New Jersey Catholic hospital’s gay family outreach program, Bootkoski wrote, “though ‘traditional’ Catholic teachings have been viewed by some as antithetical to LGBT behavior … society is called upon to care for the most vulnerable of its members.”
- Rome Failed on McCarrick – and Needs to Change
- Bootkoski Claims at Odds with NY Times McCarrick Abuse Report
- Metuchen Diocese Suspends Priest with Close Connection to Bootkoski
- What New Jersey Bishops, Now Retired, Knew about McCarrick Settlements
- Which McCarrick Network Domino Will Be the First to Fall – And Where Will it Lead?
- Cardinal McCarrick’s Network