A recent survey ranks Cardinal Blase Cupich the worst bishop in the United States.
On Tuesday, Complicit Clergy published the results of a survey on the trustworthiness and orthodoxy of individual U.S. bishops.
Participants were invited to rate their bishops with one (“Mostly Distrust”) to five (“Completely Trust”) stars for trustworthiness and one to five stars for orthodoxy (adherence to the teachings of the Catholic Church) with an option to comment.
Cupich was ranked the worst bishop in the country and received 67 comments, none of which were positive.
Comments mainly mentioned Cupich’s heterodoxy, dishonesty, support for homosexuality and homosexual predators and his connection to Pope Francis.
There were also comments about the survey not permitting a lower rank and many calls for Cupich’s repentance and/or resignation:
- “A man who seems to have had his faith withdrawn from him if he ever had it in the first place.”
- “Cardinal Blasé Cupich has no respect for the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church!”
- “He is not Catholic. He is evil. He works to destroy the Truth.”
- “He is part of the McCarrick gang and should be laicized for teaching heresy.”
- “He undermines the faith in every way possible. Horrible shepherd.”
- “Heretical, pederast, acolyte Of [sic] Baphomet.”
- “It’s way beyond the point of simple distrust. I sincerely believe that Card. Cupich is an evil man, an enemy of Christ and His Church.”
- “I’ve stopped my donations based on his heresy.”
- “Sometimes, I wonder why Cupich is a member of the clergy at all. He does not uphold the teachings of the Church and does not work to draw people to the True, the Good and the Beautiful.”
- “When speaking, this Cardinal never even mentions Our Lord, sacraments, devotions, Church teaching–nothing distinctly Catholic or even Christian!”
- “Complete HYPOCRITE. Money grubbing, liar.”
- “He teaches heresy and he is not honest.”
- “He’s a lying piece of **** who protects predators and persecutes the faithful.”
- “He quiets dissenters and is an ideological bully.”
- “Lies lies lies coming out of his mouth. He should be stripped of his priesthood.”
- “Money grubbing, McCarrick supporter. False prophet.”
- “Bears false witness.”
Cupich’s support for homosexuality and homosexual predators:
- “He does not seem to support all teachings of the Catholic Church, especially those concerned with pro-life issues like abortion. Additionally, he seems to support & defend homosexuals in the Church.”
- “He completely supports the gay agenda.”
- “He is a believer in situation ethics, allows practices such as communion for the remarried, and homosexual and cohabiting couples.”
- “He is of the homo heresy! He has covered for pedophile priests.”
- “How could anyone trust a bishop who invited the Jesuit Martin to speak?”
- “He’s a homosexual. He’s never said the Latin mass.”
- “Favors gays too much.”
Read more at Church Militant