Former Bishop of Wheeling-Charleston
Official Web Site: http://www.dwc.org/
Mailing Address: Chancery Office, 1300 Byron St., P.O. Box 230, Wheeling, WV 26003, USA
What’s Been Reported
- Good friend of Theodore McCarrick.
- Rector at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception (1986-2004), serving under McCarrick (2000-2005).
- McCarrick was a co-consecrator when Bransfield was made a bishop in 2005.
- President, the Papal Foundation, serving with McCarrick who co-founded the organization.
- Accused of sexual abusing a boy in a 2012 Philadelphia, PA trial.
- Pope Francis accepted Bransfield resignation on September 13, 2018
- Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston Seeks To Dismiss Attorney General Lawsuit
- Disgraced Bishop Bransfield Claims: ‘They’re All Out To Destroy Me’
- West Virginia Attorney General Sues Diocese and Former Bishop Over Sex Abuse
- Bishops Bransfield and Bennett Restricted from Exercising Ministry
- West Virginia: Catholic Priests “Credibly Accused” of Sexual Abuse
- Catholic Bishops Promised Reform in Sex-Abuse Scandal, but They Didn’t Look at Their Own Misdeeds
- Monsignor Rossi, Wuerl’s Gay Mafioso at the Basilica
- All Roads Lead to Washington, D.C.
- Bishop Michael Bransfield of West Virginia Resigns on Sexual Harassment Charges