Archbishop Emeritus of Newark, New Jersey
Official Web Site: http://www.rcan.org/
Mailing Address: Chancery Office, 171 Clifton Ave., Newark, NJ 07104, USA
What Has Been Reported
- Myers presided over a sexual abuse settlement involving McCarrick in the Archdiocese of Newark.
- Cardinal Wuerl claims the Archdiocese of Washinton DC was never notified of this settlement, thus allowing McCarrick to associate with seminarians during his retirement.
- Myers reportedly shielded at least four priests in the Archdiocese of Newark who were accused of sexual abuse.
- The Diocese of Peoria, Illinois, agreed to pay $1.35 million to settle a lawsuit claiming that Archbishop John J. Myers–who served there as bishop from 1990 to 2001–failed to remove a priest from ministry despite having evidence that he had abused a minor.
- Myers was the subject of controversy in his Archdiocese for his lavish spending on his retirement home.
- Papal Foundation: The Company You Keep
- What New Jersey Bishops, Now Retired, Knew about McCarrick Settlements
- Uncle Ted’s Family Tradition
- New Allegations Surface Regarding Archbishop McCarrick and Newark Priests
- NJ Bishop Protects Predator Priests, Retires in Luxury
- Which McCarrick Network Domino Will Be the First to Fall – And Where Will it Lead?
- Cardinal McCarrick’s Network