Former Archbishop of Washington DC
Official Web Site: http://www.adw.org/
Mailing Address: Archdiocesan Pastoral Center, 5001 Eastern Ave., Hyattsville, MD 20782; P.O. Box 29260, Washington, DC 20017, USA
What Has Been Reported
- McCarrick personally lobbied for Wuerl to be his successor in Washington DC.
- Wuerl reportedly had a track record of covering up sexual abuse cases when he was Bishop of Pittsburgh.
- Pope Francis accepted Wuerl’s resignation on October 12, 2018 — 60 days after the Pennsylvania Grand Jury report was released incriminating Wuerl in the cover-up of sexual abuse.
- The Vatican’s representative in Washington, D.C., knew about the legal settlements for McCarrick in 2004; when were you informed of them?
- If you were informed of these settlements, did you take that into consideration when Cardinal McCarrick requested to live in different seminaries that train priests for your diocese?
- If you did not know about them, did Bishop Joseph Tobin or his predecessors in Newark have a duty to inform you of them, given McCarrick’s living arrangements?
- Why, near the end of the last decade, was McCarrick suddenly asked to leave the seminary and reside instead at St. Thomas Woodley Park under Father Roderick McKee?
- ‘Unfathomable’ Wuerl Forgot Allegations
- Zubik, Wuerl and Pittsburgh Diocese Face New Lawsuit
- Wuerl Denies Prior Denials Denied Knowledge of McCarrick Seminarian Abuse
- The Unraveling of Wuerl’s Lies
- Outspoken Critic of Abuse Crisis Muzzled by Superiors
- Catholics Outraged by Cardinal Wuerl’s Presence at March for Life Rally
- Cardinal Wuerl’s Fake Resignation?
- What Begins in Bad Theology Ends in Police Raids
- Reflections on the Bishops in Baltimore
- Cupich and Wuerl Collaborated on Alternative Sex Abuse Proposal